Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Home Sweet China??
















Yes Yes, China will become our new home base in August of 2010. Are we excited YES.. Are we scared YES.. do we (I mean Darcy) like change NO, but we will make it a great experience. Jon has received an awesome opportunity to go to Beijing China for Goldman Sacs for a few years and work. With this Syd, Stock and Nic will also get the opportunity to go to a great bilingual school and get a great education plus come home speaking Mandarin Chinese. And yes, I Darcy, get a great opportunity to shake up my world again, this time in a good way. Jon and I got to visit Beijing on May 1st for a week to look for housing and schools, and I also think it was Jon's way to get the shock factor out of the way for me. If you can believe it, I actually found some good food to eat, so I might not starve after all. I am concerned about one thing, and that is surviving the driving in China. In China everyone feels they have the right of way at all times, and things like traffic signals seem to be a suggestion to the Chinese drivers and Chinese pedestrians for that matter. It was awesome seeing some of the sites of China in between looking at schools and apartments, and I think we will make the most of our few years there and have great stories and memories to share. We will get back home to SLC for summers and Christmas time... But, we do want visitors while we are there, all are invited.

1 comment:

ManyWeeks said...

Are we JEALOUS? Yes! We are so excited for you - such a fun adventure to have as a family! Sure, there will be adjustments, but I think overall you will grow to love both the place and the people. You'll have to blog a ton so we can follow your new life! xo, Sandy